BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Thursday, December 29, 2016

Christmas Chocolate Cake

I am glad that I had this last order for Year 2016 as I was able to practice making the buttercream for the filings as well as the gnanche which I learnt from my Intermediate Cake Baking Class. I was contemplating on how to design for this cake but luckily it came out naturally and satisfactory. Hope my customer will like the cake as much as I did!

Ingredients

4 eggs (room temperature)
2 egg yolk (room temperature)
110g sugar
Pinch of salt

72g milk
100g self raising flour
20g cocoa powder

Buttercream
150g butter (cubed)
2 egg white
60g sugar
2 tsp cocoa powder

Ganache 
120g whipping cream (I used Enborg)
150g conventure dark chocolate

Directions

1. Preheat oven at 170 deg C.
2. Whisk eggs and egg yolk, sugar and salt till pale and ribbon stage.
3. Add milk, follow by flour and cocoa powder until just combined. Do not over beat.
4. Pour into baking tin and bake for 30mins or until skewer comes out clean.

Buttercream :
1. Cook egg whites and sugar over double boil.
2. Stir with a whisk until sugar dissolves.
3. Take away from heat and beat with electric whisk till stiff peak.
4. Add butter, cocoa powder and beat till creamy.
5. Spread buttercream on cake and decorate as required.

Ganache :
1. Cook whipping cream till boil.
2. Add dark chocolate, stir until completely melts.
3. Leave aside to cool and spread over cake. Decorate cake and keep ready cake in the fridge.

No comments: