BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Orange Cupcakes with Icing

Baked on 2 April 2017

My colleague gave me a piece of her orange cake with a layer of icing on top and it tasted so yummy. With the orange flavour in the cake, soft texture and a sweet topping made this cake so delicious. So I asked her for the recipe and attempted to try it myself. The first time I tried baking in a square baking pan and the icing failed as I added too much orange juice (became so liquidity). The second time, I decided to make them in cupcake fillers for a group of colleagues to try. I was so elated as it was a success and with my favourite Hello Kitty cake toppers and box, it was so presentable. This is indeed a great recipe to keep.

Modifications

Ingredients

200g cake flour
8g baking powder
210g butter
120g sugar
4 eggs
140g orange juice
Orange zest from 1 orange
2tsp vanilla essence

Icing for topping
1tbsp orange juice
1 cup icing sugar
Orange zest

Directions

1. Preheat oven at 170 Deg C.
2. Bring all ingredients to room temperature.
3. Cream butter, sugar and salt together.
4.Sift together flour, baking powder 5 x. Set aside.
5. Add in eggs gradually and continue creaming till mixture is really creamy and light.
6. Add in orange juice, orange zest and vanilla essence.
7. Gradually add in Flour mixture and fold till well combined.
8. Scoop into cupcake fillers and bake for 30-40 mins till top turned brown.
9. For Icing, gradually add orange juice to icing sugar and stir till mix well. If you feel the consistency is too thick, then add more orange juice. Spread on top of cake.

No comments: