BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Bread in a Bag

I was attracted by this recipe from YourHOMEBASEDMom that comes with a video clip showing kids making bread. It was indeed simple and interesting as it still can yield such a soft texture. The only challenge I had was that my ziplock bag burst when I squished during mixing, probably my bag was too thin or I did not squeeze out all the air in the bag. Also, the kneading part was a little tiring for me and I will use my mixer to knead the next time. The bread turned out soft and my kids finished 1 loaf in split seconds (super yummy with butter). I gave the other loaf to my neighbour and glad that she loves it too! 

No more tedious steps for making bread :)



Modifications (can make 2 loaves)

Ingredients

3 cups plain flour
3 tbsp sugar
21/4 tsp yeast
1 cup warm water
3 tbsp oil
11/2 tsp salt

Directions

1. In a ziplock back, add 1 cup flour, sugar, yeast and warm water.
2. Squeeze air out of bag and squish the bag with your hands until well mixed.
3. Let it rest for 10 mins (bubbles will form).
4. Add 1 cup flour, oil and salt. Squish the bag and mix well.
5. Add last cup of flour and continue to mix well.
6. Remove dough onto floured surface and knead for 10 mins until smooth.
7. Divide dough and place into greased loaf pan.
8. Cover with a damp cloth and let it rest for 30 mins.
9. Bake in 190 Deg C for 30mins or until bread is golden brown.

No comments: