BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Almond Pineapple Tarts

1st Attempt - 14 Feb 16
2nd Attempt - 20 Feb 16

I love the Almond Pineapple Tarts from Polar Cake Shop and I wanted to try baking it myself. As I still have some pineapple fillings left from making CNY Pineapple Tarts, I explored a few recipes and managed to come up with this best combination recipe. My 1st attempt was not quite perfect as I used Manuka Honey to glaze the top and I can taste the strong flavour from the honey. I am satisfied with the 2nd attempt which I used normal honey and this time, my tarts were very close to those I bought from Polar. Frankly speaking, I love my tarts more as the tart shells had more crunch and the overall taste superb! My kids and maid love these tarts too and they have requested for more.                

Ingredients 

Pastry
225g plain flour
100g icing sugar
100g butter
1 egg

Filling
Pineapple fillings
120g butter
100g brown sugar
2 eggs
160g ground almond
20g plain flour
2 tsp vanilla extract
Almond Flakes (lightly toasted) - for toppings
Honey + little water (for top glaze)

Directions

Pastry:
1.Using a electric mixer, combine flour, butter, sugar and egg until a smooth dough is formed. Put in a plastic bag and chill in refrigerator for 30 mins.
2. When chilled, take a ball of dough and place into a floured tart mould. Press the dough up to the side of the mould and  trim off the edges. Prick the base with a fork and bake in a preheated oven at 190 Deg C for 10 mins. Allow to cool.
Fillings:
3. Cream butter and brown sugar till fluffy. Add in egg gradually and mix well after each addition.
4. Add in ground almond and fold with spatula until well incorporated. Add in Vanilla essence and mix well.
5. Scoop a spoonful of pineapple fillings and spread on the base of tart shell, followed by almond mixture and top with almond flakes.
6. Bake at 170 Deg C for 30 mins or until top turn golden brown.

No comments: