BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Cream Cheese Tarts


Thanks to Ms Chan Lai San for this excellent recipe. I was contemplating if I should buy Blueberries pie filling as I knew I will not be able to finish up the whole can. Instead I used Strawberry Jam (since I have it in my fridge). The effect was equally good and I am satisfied with the swirl design. However, I had more tart shells then the cream cheese fillings, so I will add the whole block of cream cheese instead (250g) the next time I bake. I am so happy that my kids love them.

Recipe adapted from Chan Lai San

Ingredients 

Pastry
225g plain flour
100g icing sugar
100g butter
1 egg

Filling

200g cream cheese (to use 250g next time)
20g butter
40g castor sugar
1 egg
20g whipping cream
15g plain flour
Blueberries pie filling (I used strawberry jam)

Directions

1. Using a electric mixer, combine flour, butter, sugar and egg until a smooth dough is formed. Put in a plastic bag and chill in refrigerator for 30 mins.
2. When chilled, take a ball of dough and place into a floured tart mould. Press the dough up to the side of the mould and  trim off the edges. Prick the base with a fork and bake in a preheated oven at 190 Deg C for 5 mins. Allow to cool.
3.Beat cream cheese, butter and sugar until light and smooth. Add egg and mix until well blended. Mix in whipping cream and mix till combined. Lightly add in flour and mix till well incorporated.
4. Spoon the mixture onto the pre-baked tart shells. Add a little jam (I mixed a few drop of little water to the jam) and drop on top of mixture. Use a satay stick to swirl to create a marble effect.
5. Bake tarts at 200 Deg C for 10 mins. Remove from oven to cool and chilled in fridge before serving.

No comments: