BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Chocolate Cake/Cupcakes (2)


When I first saw this recipe, I really liked the looks of the chocolate cupcakes with the spongy texture and so I decided to give it a try. Indeed, it was really exactly how they were as in the picture. Amazingly, this recipe does not use any oil or butter and no folding required as well but yet still can yield such a soft & spongy texture. 

Initially, I planned to bake a Birthday Cake (with Classic Sponge Cake) for my maid's birthday but after trying out these chocolate cupcakes, I have changed my mind to use this recipe instead. I also used another good recipe to do the ganache to coat the cake and an exclusive Birthday Cake was created. My maid was very surprised and happy that I made this chocolate cake (even though she knows that I don't like chocolate) for her.

Ingredients

2 eggs (room temperature)
1 egg yolk (room temperature)
55g sugar
a little salt

36g milk
50g self raising flour
10g cocoa powder

Ganache (for cake)
75g whipping cream (I used Enborg)
150g couverture dark chocolate
20g butter

Directions

1. Preheat oven at 170 deg C.
2. Whisk eggs and egg yolk, sugar and salt till pale and ribbon stage.
3. Add milk, follow by flour and cocoa powder until just combined. Do not over beat.
4.Fill the cupfillers 3/4 full and bake for 15mins.

Ganache For Cake : Cook whipping cream till boil. Add dark chocolate, stir until completely melts. Add in butter, mix until well combined. Leave aside to cool and spread over cake. Decorate cake and keep ready cake in the fridge.

1 comment:

Baby Sumo said...

Wow your maid is so lucky!!