BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Friday, March 29, 2013

Fun Egg Toast

I was contemplating what meatless meal I could cook on Good Friday, and when I saw this recipe from Happy Home Baking, I knew that this would definitely be the perfect dish! Same with Happy Homebaker, my youngest daughter also did not like the egg yolk in sunny-side-up, so I lightly beaten the egg and pour it over the cheese and indeed she loves it. Everyone enjoyed the wonderful meatless lunch today, yippee!

Ingredients

Bread
Egg
Cheese
Black pepper
Oregano flakes (I don't have dried parsley)
Some butter to spread

Directions

1. Place a slice of bread on a tray and place a slice of cheese on top of bread. Cut along 4 sides of cheese (but don't cut through) to get a square in the middle. With the back of spoon, press and flatten the bread.
2. Spread some butter along the sides of bread (to prevent the sides of toast from getting brown faster than the egg). Place a slice of cheese, press it down a little and then place an egg top of it.
3. Bake at 180 deg C for 20mins or until the egg is set.
4. Sprinkle with some pepper and oregano flakes and ready to serve.

No comments: