BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Monday, February 4, 2013

Pineapple Tarts

Last year, I didn't have the chance to bake pineapple tarts, so I decided to make these a must for this year CNY. I was quite surprised that my recorded recipe indicated I could make 40pcs but this time it could yield 165pcs instead! 

I have made a few modifications to my previous recipe :  
1. increase the quantity of dough (in order to finish a pack of 1kg pineapple filling)
2. made the base thinner 
3. weigh 6g of Pineapple filing for each tart (to get consistency of pineapple fillings)
4. egg wash - 1 egg yolk with 2 tbsp of water instead of 3 tbsp of water (to have a much nicer golden color after baking)
5. bake for 20mins instead of 15mins (until golden brown)

I also learnt a new technique to make the flower on top of tarts by using a fondant flower punch instead of rolling into small balls previously (it was so fast and easy). They really made the pineapple tarts so much prettier.

Very happy and satisfied with the improvised pineapple tarts this year and will definitely make them for next year CNY. Might consider to include this for ordering next year!

P.S. This recipe was from "Make Your Own Pastry" by Michelle Lim.

I am also submitting this post to Chinese New Year Delights 2013 #12 hosted by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover.

Ingredients

Pastry: 
375g Butter
150g Sugar
675g Flour
30g Milk powder
1.5 Egg
1 egg yolk (for egg wash)

Filing:
1 pkt Pineapple paste (1kg)
160ml Organic Pineapple juice (no sugar added)-buy from supermarket (NTUC finest)

Directions

1. Sift flour and milk powder together.
2. Put butter, sugar and egg in mixer and beat until sugar is just dissolved. Add in flour and milk powder. Mix until dough holds together.
3. Preheat oven to 180 Degree Celsius. Prepare egg wash - egg yolk and 2 tbsp of water in bowl.
4. Roll out dough. Press out dough with pineapple tart cutter. Put 6g of pineapple filing in centre and decorate top with a small flower with fondant punch. Arrange on lined baking tray and brush with egg wash. Bake for 20 mins at 180°C.

2 comments:

Zoe said...

Hi,

I have extended our Little Thumbs Up pineapple event until end Feb. Do you wish to link with us?

All you need to do is to 1) mention Little Thumbs Up in your post and link back to Bake for Happy Kids or/and my little favourite DIY 2) submit your details on my pineapple tart post, http://bakeforhappykids.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/pineapple-tarts-again-part-two.html and your link will be on my post :D

Cheers!

Zoe

BeautyMe said...

Hi Zoe,

Really sorry that I only saw your post today, can I still link with you? I would definitely love to share my recipes in your blog, do let me know for your future events via cecilia.koh@tnt.com so I can response as soon.

Many thanks for inviting to post for your events.