BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Cranberry Cookies

I have some dried cranberries left in my fridge and have no idea what to do with them. So while talking to my colleagues about making cranberry cookies, I have this idea to use Chocolate chips cookies recipe and replaced chocolate chips with cranberries. Thinking of how to soften the cranberries, I decided to give it a try to soak it with hot water and surprisingly, it really works! The cranberries in the cookies were not dry and it blend so well with the cookie crunch. An excellent cookie recipe indeed!

P.S. This recipe was shared by my friend, Josephine Ng.

I saw the posting from Nasi Lemak and I am so keen to share this good recipe with everyone. So I am submitting this post to Chinese New Year Delights 2013 #12 hosted by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover.

Ingredients

Special CNY Gifts for my friends
190g butter (SCS salted)
70g white sugar
80g brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
270g self raising flour
1 egg
100g dried cranberry

Directions

1. Cut the dried cranberry into smaller pieces and soaked in hot water for 30 mins. Drain and leave to dry.
2. Pre-heat oven at 180 deg C.
2. Cream butter, sugar and vanilla essence together.
3. Add lightly beaten egg gradually, beating well after each addition.
4. Mix in sifted flour.
5. Add in cranberry and mix well.
6. Shape teaspoon of mixture on lined baking tray.
7. Bake at 180 deg C for 20-25 mins.

No comments: