BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Monday, October 29, 2012

Steamed Egg Muffins (鸡蛋糕)

Had craving for my 鸡蛋糕, made these for
breakfast (13 Jul 2014)

I am a lover of 鸡蛋糕 and was so excited when I got this recipe from my colleague, Elaine Ler. The steps indeed were simple and within 20mins, my 1st batch of muffins were out from the steamer. Gave it to my kids to try and surprisingly they loved it. These muffins were not as eggy as I thought but the texture was so soft even for the next 2 days. A great breakfast to make the night before.

Ingredients

230g self raising flour (sifted)
120ml cream soda (Schweppes non sugar)
1 tsp vanilla essence
190g sugar
4 eggs 

Directions

1. Whisk egg & sugar till pale color and add vanilla essence.
2. Add 1/3 self raising into creamed mixture and alternating with 1/3 cream soda. Repeat mixing process and stop once all well combined.
3. Pour into cup fillers 3/4 full.
4. Steam for 10mins and ready to serve when cooled.

7 comments:

Elaine said...

oh i simply love this Ji Dan Gao, i can eat it everyday LOL!

Anonymous said...

Hi!

How much of sugar amount should I reduce to if I am not using non-sugar soda water?

I couldn't find Schweppes Non-Sugar in the country where I am living.

Thanks!

BeautyMe said...

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply as I did't check my blog lately.

You may want to try 100g and adjust the sweetness for your next round.

Thanks
BeautyMe Love Recipes

Unknown said...

Hi ! Can I use cake flour?

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I made these too few weekends ago. But unfortunately, mine wasn't as successful as yours.

The texture of mine was a too dense. Sweetness level was perfect.

Can you share with me on what could have gone wrong with mine?

http://dailysnippetsoflife.wordpress.com/2014/07/31/baking-33-steamed-egg-muffins/

Thanks!

BeautyMe said...

Hi Siaw Tan,

Sorry to see your post now cos the only time I update my blog is during weekends.

When you said dense, you mean its too heavy and tight texture? I like this cake for it chewiness texture but soft, so not sure this is the type you like.

I just did a batch of this Steamed egg muffin today experiment with Rumford Baking Powder and it turned out too soft and lose the chewiness texture, if you might want to try (220g srf & 10g Rumford bp).

Also, I did it in small paper cup fillers and made 24 pcs. Not sure could it be your waxy fillers too big and not enough room to rise. To add, if you could use 7-ups cos this was used by my colleague before and worked well.

Above are what I can think of, hope it helps you and do let me know if it works for your next try.

Thank you so much for mentioning my blog name and linking it to your blog.

BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe said...

Hi Karen,

Yes, you can use Cake Flour but will be less soft but acceptable texture.

Thanks
BeautyMe Love Recipes