BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Steamed Pumpkin Muffins

Wow wee...I have never thought this was an easy recipe as I always feel that it needs a lot of technique and "lucky" hand for it to rise correctly but I made it! This recipe is very simple to follow and once I opened the steamer, I can see all the muffins smiling at me beautifully. There are 2 ingredients that I modified in this recipe. I reduced the sugar from 120g to 80g and used self-raising flour instead of cake flour (cos I ran out of cake flour). The muffins turned out to be soft, fluffy and the sweetness were just right.

Ingredients

125gm steamed pumpkin flesh
1 egg
80g sugar
100g evaporated milk
30g corn oil
Sieve together:
180g cake flour/Self-raising flour
20g rice flour
1.5tsp baking powder

Directions

1. Prepare your steamer and bring the water to a boil.
2. Put steamed pumpkin flesh, egg, sugar, milk and oil and mix well.
3. Add in flour mixture and mix until well combined.
4. Spoon into lined steaming cups and steam for 15 mins. It will bloom by itself, no need to make a cross with oil.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have finally made these muffins. This is an excellent recipe. The muffins are delicious and pretty. My mother-in-law and husband who are good cooks sang praises too:-).

Your Ardent Supporter:-))

BeautyMe said...

Hi Ardent Supporter,

Glad to hear your good feedback. Try more of my other bakes too :)

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Kimmy said...

Made these, very good and the top doesn't get sticky the next day. Thanks for sharing.