BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Fruit Pastry Cake

http://www.tastebook.com/recipes/3314480-Fruit-Pastry-Cake
I was attracted to this pretty cake so I decided to make the attempt to bake it today. The steps were easy but it took 60 mins to bake, the longest time so far I baked a cake. I actually baked this for my colleagues and another one for my family.  For the second cake, I decided to use self raising flour and a little baking powder and baked in a 20cm X 20cm square aluminium baking tray. Apparently, the fruits all sank into the batter during baking and really don't look pretty at all but the texture was soft and spongy. I will get to taste the first cake tomorrow and then I will be able to tell the difference. Hope it will be soft too and my colleagues will like it.

Ingredients

  • 100g butter (soften at room temp)
  • 170g caster sugar
  • 50g low fat yogurt
  • 3 eggs (lightly beaten)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp orange zest
  • Strawberries, blueberries, peaches (canned)
Sift together:
  • 210g plain flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder

Directions

1. Wash and cut fruits. If using canned fruits, wash the fruits to remove the syrup and set aside.
2. Preheat oven at 180 deg C. Grease side of a 9" round pan with butter and line base with baking paper.
3. With an electric mixer, cream butter, sugar and yogurt till light and fluffy.
4. Add in eggs gradually and beat till incorporated in the batter.
5. Add in vanilla extract and zest. Mix to combine.
6. Add in flour and baking powder and mix till smooth.
7. Pour batter in prepared pan and smooth out the top with a spatula.
8. Arrange fruits on top, don’t press the fruits down into the batter.
9. Bake at 180 deg C for 60 mins. Cover the top with foil in the last 15 mins of baking to prevent the top from getting over browned.
10. Leave the cake to cool in the pan for about 5-10 mins and transfer to cake board. Dust the cake with some icing sugar.

No comments: