- 100g butter (soften at room temp)
- 170g caster sugar
- 50g low fat yogurt
- 3 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Strawberries, blueberries, peaches (canned)
- 210g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
1. Wash and cut fruits. If using canned fruits, wash the fruits to remove the syrup and set aside.
2. Preheat oven at 180 deg C. Grease side of a 9" round pan with butter and line base with baking paper.
3. With an electric mixer, cream butter, sugar and yogurt till light and fluffy.
4. Add in eggs gradually and beat till incorporated in the batter.
5. Add in vanilla extract and zest. Mix to combine.
6. Add in flour and baking powder and mix till smooth.
7. Pour batter in prepared pan and smooth out the top with a spatula.
8. Arrange fruits on top, don’t press the fruits down into the batter.
9. Bake at 180 deg C for 60 mins. Cover the top with foil in the last 15 mins of baking to prevent the top from getting over browned.
10. Leave the cake to cool in the pan for about 5-10 mins and transfer to cake board. Dust the cake with some icing sugar.